This is the moment that I and I'm sure legions of Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire Mysteries and Eric Northman fans have been waiting for: amnesia has struck the Viking vampire.
But before we get to my most anticipated event of the summer lets recap a few other things that happened in this episode. I'm probably going to skip quite a few things (i.e - Sam & Tara's storyline) because quite honestly I couldn't care less what's going on with them. Sorry if I offend any Tara and Sam fans. Just being honest here.
- Jason wakes up tied up to a bed with a teenage boy licking his head wound and then Krystal's husband/cousin barges through the door pointing a rifle at his head.
- Sookie and Eric continue arguing about his ownership of her house thinking that she's simply part of the bargain. Aside from offering her to stay in the house he also offers her protection from whatever other beings will be after her; and true to Sookie form, she declines his offers.
- As Jessica and Hoyt are leaving Fangtasia, they run into some anti-vampire protesters. After calling Jessica a Vamp Whore, Hoyt makes a valiant effort to stand up for his woman and gets his ass whooped by the protesters. As the whole incident is being caught on video, Pam withholds Jessica from helping Hoyt kick some protester ass, as it would help with their efforts to show society they Vampires aren't the killers these protesters believe they are. After the whole Russell Edgington TV incident, AVL has been working tirelessly to clean up the debacle Russell has created.
- Sookie pays her lying ex-boyfriend, Bill, a visit and finds him in his bedroom after tupping, Katerina, a member of his security team. The reason for her visit was to seek advice and maybe a little help on the Eric trying to own her situation. Bill promises he'll try to find a way to get her out of her predicament.
- Flashback to 1982 London and we find Mr. Bill Compton walking into a punk rock club. After feeding on and glamouring a bartender in a back alley, Nan Flanagan approaches Bill with a proposition. Impressed by his control and not killing his prey, Nan offers he join a secret society who are meticulously working on creating synthetic blood that would allow vampires to go mainstream. Her group is in need of a few good spies to infiltrate the Vampire Monarchy and plant the seeds of discord that'll allow her groups plan to come into fruition.
- Bill summons Eric and tries (unconvincingly) for Eric to sell Sookie's house back to her or even himself. Of course, Eric declines the offer. Bill then informs Eric that a new coven has moved into town. Undeterred by the news, Bill discloses that the coven is a groups of Necromancers and recently brought a bird back to life during one of their ceremonies. Afraid that if they are able to bring animals back to life then they might eventually be able to control the undead; Bill instructs Eric to pay the group a visit and take care of the situation.
- We get another Bill flashback and find out the events that transpired and eventually led to him to the Throne of Louisiana. We pick up from season 3's final episode, where he and Queen Sophie-Anne were in the mists of battling. Being the sneaky little bastard that he is, Queen Sophie-Anne was led into a trap. SWAT team literally rolls in and guns down the Queen with wooden bullets. After Sophie-Anne literally falls into a pile of blood and guts, Nan Flanagan saunters in and declares Bill as the new King of Louisiana.
Now we get to my favorite part. Eric pays Moon Goddess Emporium (where Lafayette, Jesus and Tara happen to also be present) a visit and makes quite an entrance. I mean who else was tickled to death seeing him slam the french doors open like some badass mofo and then ask who's looking for a dead body before flashing his razor sharp fangs? This is why I LOVE Eric. Mr. Northman tries to play nice and warns the coven of witches that this would be their final meeting and to try not to meet behind his back. Because the Man is everywhere. Little Miss Coven leader, Marnie tries to stand-up to Eric and asks her group to join hands. Ever the Vampire that he is, Eric grabs Marnie is his super vampire speed and begins to feed from her. After seeing Marnie in Eric's grip, Tara tries to stake Eric. With his super Vampire senses, Eric released Marnie and grabs hold of Tara before she's able to do anything with that wooden stake. Lafayette then joins the rest of the coven and starts spewing their Wiccan spells. Marnie then becomes possessed and spouts some words to Eric which leaves him stunned and frozen for a few moments before running out of the building.
Next we find Sookie driving down a dark road and finds Eric wandering aimlessly. Looking lost and unable to recognize Sookie, Eric tries to continue on his way but then stops and asks Sookie why she smells to good.
Is this season going to be fun or what? If Alan Ball is in his right mind, he better be adding a few elements from Dead to the World that made me love that book so much. This list includes: red bikini briefs, shower scene and a totally vulnerable Eric Northman who clings on to Sookie for his dear life. My God! Please let my dreams come true, Alan Ball. Please!